Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hi friends! I know it's been forever & a day since I've updated this blog, but...I do still exist, as a matter of fact. And, I have some exciting news (which I will attempt to share in more detail at some later point in time when I'm not coming off a night shift, which is currently the case). The quick version is, I'm in the early stages of finally making Christina officially part of my forever family through adoption (yay!!), and I just launched a T-shirt fundraiser to help with the financial side of this endeavor. Tiffany McLeod came up with an awesome design that I'm SO excited to share, and I can't wait to have it on my very own T-shirt! Here it is:

The design will be available on a navy shirt and a purple shirt, and there are several styles available to choose from. Here are the links: navy and purple. The shirts will be available to purchase for the next three weeks, and then they will be shipped out approximately two weeks after the fundraiser closes. I've said this many times before and I'll say it many times again, but I am SO GRATEFUL for the huge amount of support Christina & I have from family, friends, coworkers, and even people I haven't seen in quite awhile. So whether or not you buy a shirt (though I hope you do 😊), please know how much your prayers & encouragement mean to me and Christina! Love y'all lots!

UPDATE: Here I Am Orphan Ministries has graciously offered to accept fee-free, tax-deductible donations on our behalf! So, if a T-shirt isn't really your thing but you still would like to financially support us, you can do that here. Under "One Time Donation," choose "Adoption Assistance." Before you submit your payment, there will be a comment box where you can put in my name and "Christina's adoption" to designate it for us.

Also, for those of you who want to hear the very very beginning of our story, here's a post I wrote back in 2010...

And then, to fast forward to Easter 2016...



Things have changed a bit in the last six years. 😊 And I am oh so grateful!

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Beth. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know about you and your heart's desire and passion to serve Orphans. I too have heart for the Orphans as our church in Mumbai works among the poorest of poor people in the slums of Mumbai where you come across many children who are parentless, single parents and having parents but deserted by the parents because of poverty. I get moved when I see Orphans. I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work withus during their vacation time. We would love to have such young people who have burden like you and have interest in missions to work with us during their vacation time. Since you are involved with Haiti, itmay not be possible for you to visit us but we would be honored to have you come and encourage us in the mission and vision our church has. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. God willing I will be in the Untied States in the month of September and will be honored to visit you if you are in the States so that I can see the possibility of having meet the interested young people to do missions in Mumbai, India.