Sunday, May 19, 2013

summer plans

I think...I would blog more often if I didn't always draw a complete blank when attempting to start a post.

So let's just pretend that I've just written a super captivating introductory paragraph, and now you're waiting with bated breath to read what I have to say next.

(Well, maybe not bated breath. This is probably not going to be life-shattering or shocking news to any of you who know me; I'm not getting married, converting to Buddhism, shaving my head, or...wait for it...even quitting Starbucks {yet}).

my view for much of the summer :)
I am, however, super excited to say that between now and August 16th, I will be spending more time in Haiti than in the United States (which hasn't happened in 8 years)! And, in fact, I am wri
ting this from the rooftop of Heartline's maternity center, to which I oh-so-happily returned on Friday. This time, I'll just be here a little over a week, since I need to be in Texas to take a class in June. As soon as I'm done with my final for that, though, back to Haiti I come (and bringing a friend/coworker with me)!

The tentative plan is to spend most of my time at Heartline, helping out at the maternity center in whatever way I can be useful, and hopefully gaining more experience and knowledge of all things pregnancy/birth. I'll also spend time with the kids at Notre Maison, and, after Paul comes to Haiti at the end of July, I'm hoping to go out and visit Real Hope for Haiti, where he usually works when he's here. I also have another friend coming down for a week in August, so I'm excited to get to introduce not just one friend but TWO to my Haiti home this summer! I have a not-so-secret plot to get all of my favorite stateside people down here at some point so that they fall in love with Haiti, too...and so that they'll then come visit me once I live here full-time :)

I'm still working out the details of what it's going to look like for me to be off work/away from home for half of the summer; currently I think the only things I know for sure are my flights (guess that's helpful) and my cat-sitter (thanks, Cheyenne!). So I will try to update again soonish with more specific details and possibly requests, in case anyone is interested in helping either monetarily or with items to donate to Heartline. For sure, I would really, really, really appreciate prayers, both for my time back in the States in June (I have a feeling it's going to be quite a busy month, between work and school and my sister visiting and getting ready to leave the country for six weeks) and for my time in Haiti. Thank you in advance for praying!

And with that, I suppose I should start heading towards bed; gonna be an early morning (though thankfully not opening-Starbucks early)! Bon nwit, tout moun!


No comments: