Monday, August 30, 2010

Multitude Monday


11. Slightly cooler days (which, here in Texas, means highs in the 90s rather than in the 100s)
12. Homemade vanilla bean ice cream, made by my dear friend Sabrina
13. Surviving day-one(ish) of being promoted (despite having little idea what I was doing); along with this, encouragement from friends to allay my fears of failure
14. Long phone conversations with dear friends, sharing both joys and woes and different-yet-the-same dilemmas
15. Goodreads.com and the [re]discovery of so many lovely quotes to be found there
16. The impending visit of a dear friend/pseudo-brother this weekend and the opportunity for a quick phone visit with him today
17. Getting to see the girls from my Bible study again this week, after being scattered throughout the state for the summer
18. Celebrating 9 months today since I moved to Texas!
19. This truth: "But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down, but not destroyed." -- Amy Carmichael
20. Unexpectedly receiving a photo I hadn't seen before of my mom and me in 2007
haiti - march 2007

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Who is 16 referring to?

And what a sweet picture! :)

Love you,
E.

Beth said...

Josephine (sorry, can't remember his internet name...)

Yeah, I love this picture; it was an unexpected surprise in my inbox last night :)

I love you, too, my dear! Good night (again) :)

Beth said...

Josephine (sorry, can't remember his internet name...)

Yeah, I love this picture; it was an unexpected surprise in my inbox last night :)

I love you, too, my dear! Good night (again) :)