Monday, November 15, 2010

and...Monday

I really do intend to write an actual, for-real blog post at some point. Seriously. I've even sat down and started to write several times in the past few weeks. Just haven't quite finished anything. It's a combination of being super busy and of having several somewhat vague post topics floating around in my head. But, maybe perhaps hopefully I'll have time soon; I'm heading off to Florida tomorrow for a week (i.e. I'm going to be off work for 7 WHOLE DAYS!). Yeah, I know; crazy, right? But anyway, in the meantime, here's this week's list of wonderful things for which I am so thankful:

121. This video of sweet Carly from Notre Maison, who is in the States receiving medical care. So excited and grateful God worked out all the details for her to come, and so thankful for the Celestin family who loved her before they'd even met her and who so diligently and faithfully pursued getting her here!
122. A lovely walk in the park with a friend.
123. Spontaneously spending the night with friends.
124. Playing tooth fairy for my 7-year-old cousin who lost a tooth on Saturday.
125. Peppermint marble mocha hot chocolate, to warm me up on a cool, drizzly day.
126. Random text messages that make me smile.
127. Vanilla tealight candles.
128. Evidence that my brother's fiancee surely has him wrapped around her finger :)
129. That God gives grace for each moment: "We appropriate the grace of our God -- in full and generous supply -- moment by moment by moment. One day at a time. Redeeming each hour. Drawing on His grace like a tulip opening to April sunlight, like oxygen in the bloodstream, like life itself. And leaving the future to Him." (Joni Eareckson Tada, "A Lifetime of Wisdom")
130. Beautiful Texas sunsets (even if they are coming ridiculously early these days).