Monday, November 22, 2010

Let thanksgiving be the habit of your life

It is always possible to be thankful for what is given rather than to complain about what is not given . . . Accept, positively and actively, what is given. Let thanksgiving be the habit of your life.
- Elisabeth Elliot, Love Has a Price Tag

131. So grateful to whoever (whomever? whatever.) from my church posts the sermons online; I was amazed and excited to find last night's message up just a few hours after the service and to then be able to listen to it before I went to bed. Also (as always) just so thankful to be part of such a beautiful, Gospel-centered church.
132. Time back in Florida with [most of] my siblings. It's been fun spending time with them again (I hadn't seen Danielle, Nahomie, or James in nearly a year!).
33. That Lina is continuing to recover well after her surgery. She's able to do sooo much, considering she just had major spinal surgery at the beginning of the month. She's still in pain and gets tired more easily than normal, but overall she's doing so well.
134. Fun times visiting with friends and their absolutely adorable little boys.
135. Lots of time to read this week! Just finished Treasure Island and Love Has a Price Tag; also reading this wonderfully fun childhood classic!
136. Thankful for a simple way to be a part of bringing hope to people in need, and so thankful for the Hendrick family and all they're doing in Haiti.
137. Homemade applesauce...mmmm!!!
138. Phone conversations with my dear sister-friend-cousins.
139. A thoughtful and encouraging facebook message from a faraway friend.
140. Hot cups of tea on cold mornings.

(P.S. Once upon a time I said something about writing a "real" post. Right. It'll happen...someday. I hope. In the meantime, at least I show up on Mondays...right?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Found you once again at Ann's and I so appreciate your gratitude for bringing hope to people in need. This is my prayer as I leave in just 5 days for share the hope of the Gospel with the Liberian people. Thanks for being a part of the community!

Beth said...

Wow, that's really neat that you're going to Liberia. Have you been before? Are you working with a particular ministry? I pray that God uses your time there both to bless those to whom you'll be ministering as well as to further amaze you with His faithfulness and love.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)