Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday is for gratitude and giraffes*

"It is impossible that those grafted into Christ by true faith should not bring forth fruits of thankfulness."

Heidelberg Catechism**


101. Sweet time visiting with my nearly-twelve (!!!) year-old cousin Samuel as I drove him to his flag football practice.
102. After nearly a month, our dryer is all hooked up and working! Yay! Laundry just got immensely easier (no more ducking around clothes hanging from ceiling fans or improvised clothes lines, amusing though that was)!
103. Getting to work mornings for most of last week. First time this has happened in months, and 'twas lovely while it lasted (back to nights this week).
104. Attending my first "business meeting" at my church, and good conversations with friends afterward.
105. Joni Eareckson Tada, and the wisdom she imparts in this book.
106. The reminder that God has "blotted out [my] transgressions like a cloud and [my] sins like mist" and that because Christ paid the penalty for MY sins, I have His Spirit and am no longer a slave to sin. Incredible.
107. Forgiveness.
108. I've now lived in Texas for 11 months! And am excited to be here for the foreseeable future! (This is a record; normally by this point I've either already moved or have plans to do so shortly.)
109. That Miss Carly, one of the sweet girls at Notre Maison, now has her passport and medical visa and will be headed to Washington State this week for medical treatment/therapy! This is a beautiful answer to prayer!
110. Neosporin and bandaids. Yep. Necessary part of my life.

* For those who don't know, I wear giraffe earrings every Monday because they add a bit more fun (in my opinion) to the beginning of the week. Yes, I am silly (but then, that goes without saying).
** Curtis Allen did a rap on the Heidelberg Catechism/Kevin DeYoung's book that is fantastic. And I don't even like rap.

1 comment:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Hi Beth. I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to comment on your kitchen blog. The posts are not loading properly. But I still want to thank you for participating in Vintage Recipe Thursday. Great post and recipe too. Loved to see you helping your grandma in the kitchen, and I so agree with the quote you picked. My grandma made my childhood so special. :-)
And re: your lemon post, now that you are baking with lemons, you'll also find lemon to be a great ingredient to enhance flavor even when it is not the main ingredient too.
God bless.