Monday, October 25, 2010

Sleepy but thankful :)

91. This blog, written by the wife of the former deacon of music at my church. Aaron and Heather moved their family to Haiti in August (I am not-so-secretly envious of this), and Heather updates her blog regularly with very honest (and often quite humorous) glimpses into her heart as she and her family experience both the beauty and the ugliness of life in Haiti. Her posts are not only very well-written, but they're also simultaneously challenging and encouraging and point straight to God and the truth of the Gospel.
92. So thankful for the time I was able to spend with Lina in Nashville last week!
93. Re-reading a favorite childhood book
94. Conversations with friends about what the Lord is doing in our lives (whether we understand it, exactly, or not!)
95. Officially becoming a member of this amazing church tomorrow!
96. I can absolutely and confidently trust in God's promises. Like this one: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
97. Christmas Blend is back (err, well, for us Starbucks people, that is; guess the rest of y'all still have to wait a few more weeks). Anyway, excited for the upcoming Christmas season (though I still don't understand how it's possible that we're almost to November...)!
98. Band-Aids. A very important part of a klutz's life. I should probably buy stock.
99. Little kids; love them!
100. Cool, breezy nights.

No comments: