Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jesus, Thank You

This is one of my current favorite songs (from this album, which is actually full of beautiful Gospel-centered songs) that I've been playing over and over again. Anyway, until I have time to write an actual post, I thought I'd share these lyrics:

Jesus, Thank You
The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

As it is written: "None is righteous, no not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless. No one does good, not even one." Romans 3: 10-12

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by His blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over former sins. It was to show His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Romans 3:23-26

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

No comments: