Monday, May 9, 2011

thankful

441. Getting to start sponsoring my Ti Nina!  Oh how I miss this sweet girl.
442. Celebrating Paul's 20th (!!!!) birthday at Eyrie Park.
20!!!
443. Going to dinner with friends after our Biblical Theology class at church.
444. Rediscovering this in my fridge.  I know this is silly, but it's also so good!
445. A very well-timed text from a friend, reminding me to delight in the Lord and in His steadfast love.
446. Breakfast with Sarah.
447. A fun afternoon drinking tea and eating pastries with so many lovely ladies.
448. Our Starbucks girls night, getting all fancy and going out for dessert at a nice restaurant, where...
449. ...we were surprised and so blessed by getting our entire bill paid by an incredibly kind and generous man!!!
450. My dear friend Julie and the way she speaks the truth in love (even when it's hard to hear); so thankful for her biblical perspective and the way she challenges and encourages me to get my focus off of myself and to be grateful.
451. My yard.  And my hammock.  And time spent in my hammock in my yard :)
452. Sunday with the Bacak boys; never a dull moment!
girls night!
453. A much-needed hug and a shoulder to cry on.
454. A picnic at the park with my lifegroup.
455. Laney Rae and her sweet chattering as she helped dry dishes after church.
456. Going to see this movie with friends; loooooved it! (Everly, I definitely want to go see it again with y'all!)
457. Last night's sermon; so very timely.  Probably should listen to it again...several times...
458. So encouraged to see so clearly (this week especially) how God uses the unique talents/characteristics/personalities/etc that He has given each of my friends for His glory and for the edification of both myself and others.  It's so neat to see this lived out.
459. Baking danishes/kolaches for the first time; so fun!
460. An unintentional (but wonderful) Sunday afternoon nap; I'm gettin' kinda good at this napping thing! (Though I probably should get better at the going-to-bed-early thing...)
Justus, Jax, and Treston
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  (Psalm 103:1-5)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Just visiting from Ann's blog. Have a blessed day!

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s today. And my favorite from your list? 456. Going to see this movie with friends; loooooved it! Becasuse even though it puts my man card at risk – but then it’s already up for grabs being as I blog in this community – and went to Blissdom – and think women write better theology because it has heart – still – English accents, dresses, mansions, romance – ummm – meh – never mind I said that – I WANT SEE THOR This was awesome, smiling from ear to ear. Wait - take that back - shhhhh I was never here... Thank you. God Bless and keep you and all of yours.