Monday, May 2, 2011

Not my favorite week, but...

...still ever-so-much to be thankful for:

lovely Sabrina at her fiesta-themed shower
421. Sabrina's bridal shower :)
422. Getting to babysit for 3 super cute kids.
423. Watching a friend's son master bike riding without training wheels and seeing his excitement.
424. Getting to host life group at my house yesterday.
425. Seeing my dear friend Meg several times this week :)
426. Serving in preschool at church; love these little ones with all their different personalities!
427. Kind words from a customer during one of my most stressful days at work ever.
428. Much-needed and appreciated hugs and encouragement from friends.
429. Turning on my windshield wipers (though only just briefly) for the first time in months; I've nearly forgotten what rain looks like.
430. Getting to spend an evening with friends helping a family from church move into their new home; it's so neat to be able to serve alongside fellow believers.
431. A movie night with friends.
Treston and his spider
432. A middle-of-the-night cleaning frenzy...or rather, the results of this frenzy.
433. A coffee date with lovely Sabrina.
434. An occurrence which I hope will one day prove to be a very funny story.
435. My new bunga pads that keep me from utterly destroying my ankles when ice skating; it is amazing the difference wearing these makes.
436. Skating with Sarah, and learning from her expertise :)
437. Playing at the park with the Bacak kids (and Treston declaring, "I yike spiders!  I da spider KING!" as he went around picking up granddaddy long-legs).
Whataburger with Sarah
438. An unexpected drop in temperature when I walked out of church; considering the Texas summer heat that is about to be upon us, I will take the coolness for as long as it will last!
439. Having Whataburger for the first time ever, courtesy of Sarah (and this was, I realized, my first hamburger in over 2 years!).
440. Miss Barbara and her stories; love this lady!  :)


Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.  And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  (Colossians 3:12-17)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the list!!! I love getting to see you Beth!

knuscru said...

I saw you link on Anne Voskamps blog. Imagine my surprise when I realized we share a connection to Haiti. I'm friends with many people you know there. The Mchouls, the Livesays. But when I scrolled down your page I recognized a couple of faces. My daughter Yverline was adopted from Notre Maison. Ashley was one her roommates. Yverline has been home from Haiti since 2008. She has a brain tumor, but is doing very well. Feel free to contact me on my blog or my email. knuscru@socal.rr.com I would love to hear your story. Blessings, Cynde Knutson

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s link today and to begin with – I heart your honesty – “not the best week but… and also the way you chose to end with Colossians – heart that! - my favorite from your list is 430. Getting to spend an evening with friends helping a family from church move into their new home; it's so neat to be able to serve alongside fellow believers. (it’s one of my favorite all time church moments – a big bunch of people moving an entire family in no time flat. The joy, the fellowship, the pizza. :) God bless and keep you and all of yours this day Beth. God bless.