Monday, April 25, 2011

Christ is Risen!

Easter 1991
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with Him again
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

O death, where is your sting?
Kevin apparently found all the good Easter eggs that year. 
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
The glory of God has defeated the night

O death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, He's alive, HE'S ALIVE!

(Christ is Risen -- Matt Maher)

401. Kind of accidentally "eavesdropping" on an incredibly amusing comment thread on a friend's facebook photo...hil.ar.i.ous!  Makes me want to be friends with these people that I don't really know.
402. An encouraging card from a friend.
403. Conversations with Sarah.
404. Conversations with Julie.
405. Discovering a new favorite Bluebell flavor: chocolate mud pie!  ohm'goodness, 'tis yum!
406. Kind friends who are so willing to give me rides when Paul and I have car conflicts (since we share a vehicle).
407. Getting off work several hours early on Saturday and thereby getting a longer weekend :)
408. A quick nap on the couch while dinner was in the oven.
409. Babysitting some super crazy fun kids.
410. Getting to help with Truth and Grace during one of the Good Friday services at church.
412. Spending Easter with the Bacaks and Jessica and enjoying a wonderful meal together.
413. Being able to fit in a quick visit to Eyrie Park on Easter afternoon.
414. Making "mufflers" (Sir Green Shirt's name for my experimental raspberry cobbler muffins).
415. That I'm not normally sick..or such a medicine-head as I was last week (my apologies to anyone with whom I may have attempted conversation between Tuesday and Friday; coherency just wasn't happening).  And so thankful to be feeling better now!
416. Since I've managed to refrain from mentioning this for the past several weeks...my church :) So thankful for the Truth that is preached, the Gospel that is lived out, and the fellowship and unity we have as a body of believers.
417. Getting to work with Rachael for several hours today :)
418. Teeny tiny dogs with names like Attila (i.e. The Hun) and Tank.  This just makes me laugh.
419. A lovely phone conversation with Sabrina.
420. "But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead!" (1 Corinthians 15:20

Living He loved me
Dying He saved me
Buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious Day!

(Glorious Day -- Jeff Johnson)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Lovely list. Good conversations with friends are the best!