Friday, April 8, 2011

Five Minute Friday

It's only my second week of doing these Five Minute Friday posts, and I have to say, I wasn't really a fan of this particular prompt.  But, I did it anyway (yay?), and here it is, for what it's worth.
___________________________________________________________________
If you met me...

Right now, at this very moment, you would probably laugh; I'm sitting here wrapped in my favorite blanket with a massive bag of ice (swiped from Starbucks, of course) on my knees.  Because I'm old* (duh) and my poor knees apparently can't handle all the running I've been doing recently to get ready for Run for Compassion (which is tomorrow morning!!!).

Hopefully if you were to meet me, I'd manage to avoid at least some of my typical social awkwardness (praise the Lord for my very social job that has helped alleviate some of this...sometimes...); hopefully you wouldn't get too clear of an example of how what's in my mind gets jumbled before it comes out of my mouth (though at times this can be amusing...I guess.)  :)

If I'm the one talking, we'll probably discuss Jesus...and my amazing church...and my crazy life...and Haiti.  Most definitely Haiti.

But hopefully I'll let you do most of the talking; I'd rather hear about you anyway :)  (Speaking of which, leave me a comment and introduce yourself!)  :)

And
___________________________________________________________________

And there ya have it.  Happy Friday!

* Yes, yes, I know I'm not really old (though I was nicknamed "Grandma Beth Beth" for awhile), but just humor me; I've been claiming to be old since I was 19.

4 comments:

Kateri said...

Good luck on the run tomorrow. A job that requires good social skills does help with shyness, doesn't it? :) (I'm a home care nurse and still can be painfully shy...) I'm all about letting other people do most of the talking!

The Farmer Files said...

Wow...you are sore and still going to run, good for you! I don't think we are ever too old for favorite blankets; I have a few. Take deep easy breaths, and put one foot in front of the other on your run!

Beth said...

Thanks! The run went really well; I had a lot of fun :) And most exciting of all, I think we raised a lot of money for Compassion International's Child Survival Programs (haven't heard the final total yet, but I know it's pretty high)!

And yes, I love blankets and have a rather ridiculous amount of them considering I live in Texas, where it's blazing hot most of the year. But I get cold easily...so it works out :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

HeARTworks said...

Hi Beth, nice to meet you. If you met me, I think we'd have lots to talk about too, cause I love Jesus and try to insert talking about Him any chance I get! I'm part of a covenant community here in the Philippines, and my community is part of a community of communities based all around the world. God bless you! Patsy from
HeARTworks