Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Minute Friday



On distance...

At the moment, I'm thinking about the oh-so-little distance between now and when I need to get up for work (just over 6 hours)...

And there's the distance between where I live now and all the places I've lived in the past 6 years (at least 1000 miles to the closest).

The distance in time since I've seen my dear friends Sean and Jessica, whom God used so wonderfully to teach me about His Truth and about the joy of repentance and faith in Him.

The distance in time since I saw my mom for the last time on this earth.

____________________________________

So that was a rather pathetic amount of writing to accomplish in 5 minutes.  I'm gonna unashamedly blame it on the fact that I've been up since 4am and haven't had coffee since about 6am and am therefore exhausted.  Good excuses, right?  Or not.  And truthfully, if I weren't so determined to not let myself off the hook in keeping up with this Five Minute Friday no-editing-allowed thing, I wouldn't dare hit the publish button.  That and the fact that I'm nearly delirious with sleepiness right now (and have been for the past several hours; just ask any of my friends that I just spent the evening with)...and I'm now really writing without thinking.  Which could get dangerous fast.  Ok.  Done.  Off to bed I go...  Good night...and happy weekend!  :)

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

It's really not pathetic! You touched on so many different dimensions of distance. I think it was a great 5 minute write!

Beth said...

Well, thanks; you're very kind! If nothing else, I will have hopefully learned to not put off posting until so late at night!

Mamita J said...

Excellent post - especially considering you're running on empty. My words would've been incoherent at that stage.

PS. I came over from Lisa-Jo's. I'm Julie. Nice to meet you.

The Johnsons said...

I miss you so much and I miss your momma too. I hope I get some time with you soon, my sweet friend. I think of you often and long to see you.