Monday, December 5, 2011

steadfast and faithful

For great is his steadfast love toward us,
   and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD!
Psalm 117:2

Steadfast love...ever-enduring faithfulness...  Meditating on these amazing, indescribable truths today, and counting just a few of the many blessings He's given me:

691. Dinner and a movie with Julie and Sarah; so grateful for the gift of their friendship.
692. Getting to spend time with Meg while packing boxes.
693. Getting to catch up a bit with Joe, a.k.a. my favorite pseudo-brother-in-law :)
694. Several cooking experiments that turned out rather tasty (and actually, the fact that I cooked as much as I did this past week makes me happy, since it's been awhile since I've had time/motivation to do much in the kitchen).
695. Getting Christmas cards in the mail!
696. Visiting with Michelle during the fellowship meal at church.
697. Lunch with Paul at one of my favorite restaurants.
698. Having today off, making it at least slightly less ridiculous that I was up until 2am last night hurrying to finish an online Christmas present so that I could purchase it before the deal expired (made it with about 30 seconds to spare!).
699. Finding out about this ministry (which seems to be similar to Heartline's Harbor House, but in Kenya) due to random blog-reading and then taking advantage of their Cyber Monday deal to buy some awesome coasters and earrings.  Love, love, love supporting great causes!
700. [Hopefully] making more homemade Christmas gifts this year.  Though I am not a naturally crafty person, thanks to the wonderfulness which is Pinterest, I will be using the inspirations and tutorials I've found there to make a lot of the gifts I'll be giving this year.  Here's to hoping this will be a fun process (rather than frustrating due to my lack of natural craft-talent!)  :)

No comments: