Monday, December 12, 2011

this morning, I am thankful


I am guilty but pardoned
By grace I've been set free
I am ransomed through the blood
You shed for me

I was dead in my transgressions
But life You brought to me
I am reconciled through mercy
To the cross I cling

"To the Cross" - Matt Boswell and Michael Bleecker

711. Utterly unmerited grace and mercy.  Forgiveness.  Second (third, fourth, etc) chances.  Hope.  Such churchy words, but such amazing truths.
712. Christmas party at Donovan and Sabrina's!
Donovan and Sabrina
713. We had our much anticipated/dreaded QASA audit (think health department audit then multiply it by a bajillion) during one of my shifts last week...and we did really well!!!
714. Dinner with Julie and Sarah at Cafe Capri; such good food!
715. Going to see a sneak peek of We Bought A Zoo; looooooved it!
716. Pinterest-inspired crafting!
717. At the end of a rough day, coming across this reminder of why it's worth loving life.
718. Homemade peppermint patties.
719. My calendar for 2012, featuring photos from my most recent trip to Haiti.
720. Haiti-withdrawal.  Much as I hate it (as in, I'd obviously really rather just be in Haiti rather than be so seriously missing Christina, the other kids at Notre Maison, and everyone at Heartline), I'm thankful that Haiti isn't "out of sight, out of mind" as can so easily happen when life here in the States gets so hectic.  Thankful for the constant reminders to pray for these people and places I love.  (Though I may or may not be price-checking airfare every day...)


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
but to live by them.
- John F. Kennedy

No comments: