Monday, December 27, 2010

such a good week

181. Lots of fun opportunities recently to hang out with friends from church.
182. An afternoon spent driving around with a friend, finishing up Christmas errands.
183. New rubber boots!
184. Unexpectedly meeting up with my dear friends whilst Christmas shopping and getting to spend several hours together.
185. Reading this new book (or rather, the first of these two) by a crackling fire.
186. Going to the midnight showing of True Grit.
187. Taking my 12-year-old cousin to play bingo at an assisted living home in town with friends from church.
188. A wonderful new coat, just in time for cold weather (which finally showed up, after we hit the 80s last week).
189. A low-key Christmas, spent with my brother and my "Texas family". Don't think I've ever gotten to sleep in on Christmas before; 'twas lovely!
190. The crazy, amazing, gloriously awesome way that God has worked throughout all history to bring about redemption. (Check out this and this!)

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

1. I really enjoy reading your Monday posts. I missed this Monday! :O

2. I want to borrow that CD!

3. Have you read the linked-to book?

Everly

Beth said...

I have read the book; the first one, that is :) Loooved it! And I'm half-way through the second one! Thanks for the gift!