Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And the results of this year's Bucket List are...

As 2010 winds to a close, I'm having to face the fact that I did not, in fact, accomplish all of the items on my bucket list for this year. Which is disappointing...but...not the end of the world. I certainly did more of these (sometimes silly and random) things than I would have done had I not bothered to write a list, so all in all, this was a successful endeavor. And, for many of the things I wasn't able to do this year, there's always 2011...which is approaching with incredible rapidity. So, I'll compose a new list...copy some 2010 tasks...come up with some new ideas as well...and we'll see how 2011 goes!

Here's what I did accomplish (or have begun working on, in some cases) from my 2010 list:

Have the Anne of Green Gables party part 2
Braid Birdie's hair on a fairly regularly basis
Learn about and put into practice what it means to be a godly/biblical woman
Go back to Florida [for a visit]
Finish watching the last episode of season 5 of LOST
Have the LOST season finale party
Babysit/hang out with little kids more
Have a summer Bible study with Sabrina and Everly
Visit a state where I’ve never been before (Arkansas, for Ian and Stephanie's wedding!)
Celebrate National Smores day on August 10th
Bake homemade bread
Get a library card
Update my blog more regularly
Go stargazing
Figure out how to register the van in TX and then do it
Get a TX driver’s license
Watch The Sound of Music
Acquire more children’s books
Memorize more of the Bible
Take a walk in a park
Write more
Volunteer for something
Go to a playground and play on the swings
Watch an episode of The Office, per Lee’s recommendation
Read The Mysterious Benedict Society books, per Teeko’s recommendation
Go on a boat ride of some sort
Go to Plato’s Closet
Go running in the rain.
Name the van. For reals. (Amanda the Spaceship)
Paint with watercolors
Go to a concert (Jack Johnson!!!)
Watch Lina sing at Carnegie Hall
Celebrate National Ice Cream day on July 18th
Watch the sunset with a friend
Go to a zoo
Get a hymnbook
Hang out with Kevin and Danielle

Overall, a good year (with still a few days left; perhaps I can still knock another item or two off this year's list)!

No comments: