Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back in Haiti!

Bonswa!  M'ap chita sou tet kay Notre Maison nan...mezanmi mwen vreman kontan pou m la!  Mwen pa la depi lontan; sa fe m kontan anpil pou we timoun yo isit la anko.

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!

I'm sitting on the roof at Notre Maison, my belly full of yummy Haitian food, listening to Haitian music blaring from a nearby disco.  And best of all...some of my favorite kids in the world are a mere two floors beneath where I sit.  Oh how very long it's been since I was here last.  But now I'm back, for two whole weeks that I'm sure will absolutely fly by...but I am grateful for every moment I get to spend here.

I arrived yesterday--with all my luggage, despite temporarily forgetting that I had a carry-on suitcase and leaving it at security at the Austin airport...  Gertrude and her driver picked me up at the airport, and we made the short drive over to Notre Maison.  As we drove in the gate, the kids started yelling my name, and it was as if I'd never left--except that we're all a year-and-a-half older, and these kids have sure grown!

I spent the next few hours playing with the kids, and then about halfway through dinner, my 45 minutes of sleep from the previous night really caught up with me, so I quickly headed to bed....for 12 hours!  Hopefully I'm caught up now!

Uh oh, looks like internet is cutting out, so let's see if I can post some pictures before it goes away again!
My Christina :)
Gus and Wilberson (Olguie in the background)
Mimose


Tomorrow's plans (which are, of course, tentative, given that this is Haiti!) are to run errands with Gertrude in the morning and then to hang out at Heartline in the afternoon.  So excited!

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Yay yay yay!

I can't believe it has really been that long. I recognize all the kids from your last trip's pictures and they ARE older...wow.

I hope you DO get to Heartline...but I'll be jello-ous!

Everline

Rachel said...

Mwen vreman kontan tou! Mesi anpil pou mete foto nan post la! Di Gus menaj li sonje li anpil!!!! Si ou mande li kyes menaj li, e li pa diw Rachelle...li bay manti : )

Thanks for posting even though the internet is slow! Christina looks like she is doing great, and Mimose is getting so big! Man...and Wilberson has NO TEETH! Man.

Your post makes me really happy. Thanks for putting this up.

Thanks Beth!