Saturday, March 19, 2011

Better late than never

Last May I created a bucket list of things I wanted to accomplish by the end of 2010. This was a semi-successful endeavor; I think I had completed about half of the items on the list before December came to a close. This year my list is a little shorter (and therefore hopefully will have a higher success rate), and I've carried over several goals from last year that I wasn't able to do. Some of these goals are silly and relatively unimportant (i.e. climb a tree) but others have the potential to be a tad more significant :) Also, since I'm only just now getting around to posting this year's list, a few of these items have already been completed, but they're staying on the list regardless...because I like crossing things off :)

So here's my 2011 Bucket List...let me know if you want to help me accomplish any of it! :)

1. Have an Anne of Avonlea party.

2. Be consistently mentored by a godly woman from church.

3. Attend Kevin and Danielle’s wedding.

4. Visit Aja in San Antonio.

5. Volunteer for something on a regular basis.

6. Volunteer at a Joni & Friends camp.

7. Camp at Cades Cove.

8. Read through the entire Bible.

9. Visit a state where I’ve never been.

10. Visit the North Carolina farm.

11. Go back to Haiti.

12. Visit Chicago and Warsaw.

13. Go to a concert.

14. Visit Paul and Sheila in Vermont.

15. Visit Sean, Jessica, and Isaiah in Virginia.

16. Go running with Jenn.

17. Climb a tree.

18. Take ice skating lessons.

19. Be certified as a foster care babysitter.

20. Have a Disney movie marathon.

21. Go horseback riding.

22. Learn/practice more French.

23. Attend Joe and Caitlin’s wedding.

24. Move out of Stephanie-the-apartment and live in a duplex or house.

25. Do the Run for Compassion 5k.

26. Go to the Bluebell Creamery.

27. Name the duplex.

28. Have a Jane Austen movie night.

29. Watch the Lord of the Rings movies.

30. Go on a picnic.

31. Have a tea party.

32. Go to a museum.

33. Go on a roadtrip with Rachael.

34. Ride on a train.

35. Plant flowers in my yard.

36. Build a sand castle.

37. Go to a musical.

38. Go camping with Ian and Stephanie.

39. Stand under a waterfall.

40. Go to Martha’s Bloomers Tea Room.

at Kevin and Danielle's wedding (#3)

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Love this! And YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED

Unknown said...

I'd like to participate in several of these, Beth! Horseback riding, we can do. Tree climbing, running, Run For Compassion, Jane Austen movie night- yes! Count me in. Oh, and Chicago.
Love it! I love a girl with goals.
You're great!
jenn