Monday, March 21, 2011

So many blessings...


...that this week's list is twice as long :)

301. So proud of a friend who decided this week, after much prayer, to quit the band he's played in for several years in order to pursue God more fully. Such a hard decision, but one that I know God will bless and use for His glory.
302. glimmers of hope. and that's all I will say :)
303. Getting to see all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles on my mom's side of the family last week as we celebrated my grandfather's life and the fact that he is now with Jesus.
304. My pastor's consistency and boldness in preaching the Gospel; last night's sermon was really convicting (but in no way condemning). Lots to think and pray through as I seek to be obedient to the Lord.
305. So thankful that the team from my church that went to Guatemala
last week is back and that I've been able to see pictures and hear lots of stories of the Lord's faithfulness to them throughout their trip.
306. Especially thankful that this dear friend is home again; love her! :)
307. I finally made it over to Eyrie Park for a few hours Saturday night for the first time, really, in weeks (which is unacceptable); soooo enjoyed spending time talking and eating brownies with Everly and Birdie :)
308. Filling up a local restaurant after church Sunday evening, when about 1/3 of those who'd been at the service went there for dinner :)
309. Rollerskating/blading with several families/friends from church...complete with green beads and glow sticks for St. Patrick's Day.
310. Out of the mouths of babes... "I couldn't find my skates for a really long time...and then I looked in my underwear drawer." -Justus Bacak, age 6.
311. Starting to run again...for the first time since last summer :/ Trying to get ready for Run for Compassion; thankful that so far, the weather has been beautiful and I've actually been enjoying running.
312. The bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes are starting to come up! I love Spring in Texas!!!
313. Old family photos, seen for the first time in years.
314. Finishing up two really good books and starting a new one.
315. Good conversation with a friend/coworker in her big ol' truck :)
316. Getting to spend time with another lifegroup this week (since mine was off for spring break).
317. So thankful to have the opportunity to know several of the residents at Esperanza, with all their hugs, smiles, and stories (even those I've heard so often that I could tell them myself!). Love these people!
318. Seeing my best friend's wedding dress hanging in her room...eeek! :)
319. Coffee stickers as prayer reminders.
320. My new Haiti-made earrings.

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity
- Hosanna, Hillsong United

10 comments:

Jess said...

I am humbled to be mentioned on your blog! :) Love you too, and while I dearly miss Guatemala, the people at Fundaninos and spending time with Team Guat 24/7, I am glad to return home to dear friends like you!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Such a great list today! The title to your post just says it all "So many blessings!" It seems as the weeks go on, I'm seeing more and more. Am I more blessed or am I just SEEING more? Either way, it's wonderful! I really enjoyed being here today, and I go away uplifted!

Jenny said...

Such a lovely time! Also- I found the pictures of us swimming in the Dunwoody pool before your parents wedding! I'll scan them in soon. Grandpa swimming!

Anna said...

Great list! I wish we had a run for Compassion where I live. Do they do that in other areas as well?

Beth said...

Jess, I am so very grateful for you; the Lord has taught and encouraged me so much through you. Love ya lots :) Also, if you're interested, consider yourself tagged from my post yesterday: http://delightingingrace.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-seven.html

Cora, I'm glad you enjoyed the list. I definitely think that though I've always been abundantly blessed, the Lord has used this weekly listing of gifts to show me more and more of His faithfulness and goodness in my life.

Jenny, yay, more pictures! I really appreciated the ones Sarah rescued for me; those are exactly what I was talking about here. So many memories...

Anna, the Run for Compassion here is organized by a couple in my church; I'm not sure if there are other, similar events in other places. However, you're more than welcome to donate to the cause, if you'd like :)

Unknown said...

I came over from Ann's place tonight! :) I noticed your picture of you and the little Haitian? child! I have Haiti in my heart as well and was able to visit there the beginning of this year. My sister teaches there. Great list! :) And can I have a Tall White Chocolate Mocha please? ;)

Unknown said...

ooops! My BIL was signed into our computer! LOL! That was me with the Haiti comment and coffee order! :-)

Beth said...

Sure, I work tomorrow morning...if you can come by my store, I can definitely make you a white mocha :)

I just read through your Haiti posts on your blog. Morning Star Christian Academy sounds soooo familiar to me. That's not the one in the Delmas 31 area, is it? I know I've seen it somewhere...

Anonymous said...

oh Beth, what dear sweet treasured friend you are!!! and it was a great conversation. So glad that I get to see you and know you more almost every day:)

Kay K said...

How blessed !!!! thanks for sharing so glad to be apart of the mutitudes !!!