Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Seven

My oh-so-lovely and super-talented cousin Everly has granted me this Stylish Blogger Award*, part of which entails writing seven random facts about myself. So, though I should probably be heading in the direction of my bed, let's see if I can [quickly] come up with any interesting, lesser-known tidbits about my life...

1. I loved, loved, loved American Girl dolls and their books when I was younger. My mom and I started reading the Kirsten series when I was in kindergarten, and then next year I got Kirsten for Christmas. In second grade, I saved up my money and bought Samantha, and then a few years later I bought Addy. This was the beginning of my love of history and historical fiction.

2. In keeping with the childhood theme, I also used to be very into horses. Some of my favorite books were the Thoroughbred series and Misty of Chincoteague. In second grade (least favorite school year EVER), we were given an assignment to draw a picture of a scene from Central Park in NYC. I drew a horse. My teacher was not happy; said there weren't horses there. Well. I would like to publicly proclaim the fact that I've been to Central Park several times, and there are in fact horses there. So there. But I'm not bitter. :)

3. As is perhaps already obvious, I was a complete bookworm as a child (and would still be if I had enough time for such things), and my favorite way to spend summer break was in the hammock or on the swing in my backyard with a stack of books. Those were the days...

4. I met Joni Eareckson Tada when I was 12. I really wish now that I'd realized how awesome that was at the time. This lady (and more specifically, God's faithfulness in her life) is amaaazing.

5. Sabrina and I once made brownies at the Haitian orphanage where we were living while decked out in donated muumuus/choir robes. It was epic.

6. I've been on a national Hispanic news program. And I don't speak Spanish. Yeah. (Sorry, no picture for this one...actually no, not so sorry...)

7. In a moment of half-asleep insanity, I signed up to run a 5k next month. However, it's for a super-good cause (Compassion International's Child Survival program), so you should help me raise money by clicking here.

So, next to be tagged/retagged...

*I'd post the image that goes along with this "award", but it's having issues, and I'm too tired to deal with it. Good night! :)

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

I LOVED THIS POST! Thank you for accepting the tag. :) :) :)

Those pictures are so adorable. I love the one of you and Lina reading books. Precious!

And I had forgotten that you met Joni Eareckson Tada...that is beyond cool. And I see that Paul slept through that experience. Niiice. ;)

I love the one about you and Sabrina and I just watched a video about the Child Survival Program. Rock on! No more comments for now....very tired. :)

Everly

Everly Pleasant said...

Oh, I love the one about horses too. That's so adorable, and I can testify that yes-there are horses in Central Park. Teachers never understand...