Monday, March 28, 2011

monday

Birdie's 10th birthday - March 28, 2005

321. Forgiveness, and the freedom that comes with letting go of bitterness.
322. Lunch and pedicures with lovely friends on Sunday.
323. Attending a midweek service at the church that planted my church; so cool how "at home" I felt even though I didn't know hardly anyone there.
324. Seeing Jimmy Needham in concert.
325. Hanging out with friends at the park on Friday; while most people played ultimate frisbee, others of us ran around and had a magnificent time playing (yes, playing) on the exercise equipment things...
326. Tuesday was my first time ice skating since I injured my toe in January, and it went really well (and was lots of fun). Yay for finally getting back on the ice!
327. Babysitting (along with 3 college girls) a bunch of kids from church while their parents had a hilarious game night. Seriously, my church has THE cutest and most fun kids ever.
328. A wonderful time with one of my coworkers, getting my hair cut and then completely losing track of time while we visited.
329. Going on a walk with a friend from church, catching up on life since we've barely been able to see each other this semester.
330. Having coffee with another friend from church.
331. Finally getting to see my dear sister/friend/cousins for the first time in quite awhile.
332. God's grace in enabling me to not only be diligent in continuing to train for Run for Compassion but also (and especially!) in enabling me to ENJOY running. It's been amazing.
333. Spending time visiting with one of the church elders and his wife during the fellowship meal after church (pray for them; they're having their fourth baby today!).
334. Eating ice cream, right out of it's little pint-sized container (but no, I did not eat the whole thing at once).
335. My brother and sister-in-law's wedding pictures!!!
336. Hugs from friends.
337. Peace from God that unites hope for the future with contentment in the present.
338. My lifegroup. I love it. So wonderful to meet again after two weeks off for Spring Break (plus the week before SB I was out of town).
339. A lovely Sunday evening chat with dear Everly.
340. Celebrating this dear girl's 16th birthday today (wasn't it just yesterday we celebrated "double digits" in Haiti???).

2 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

Great list! I wish I could see the pictures from the wedding, but you have to "sign the guest list" as if you attended. :/ You'll just have to show them to me sometime...

Everly

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s.

And every list I go to I find a favorite – like the coconut filled one in the chocolate box – and my favorite from yours today is 337. Peace from God that unites hope for the future with contentment in the present. (because peace and contentment – I’ve spent a lot of time talking with God about these and studying them – to me contentment I’ve got down – seems no matter what the circumstance – the peace thing is more fleeting – they are different – thank you for this) {smile}

God Bless you and keep you and your family