Friday, January 20, 2012

Items for Heartline

I know I've already posted once about donating for my trip to Haiti (in 12 days! yay!), but Beth McHoul just posted on Facebook a list of items that Heartline is currently in need of, so in case anyone is still looking for an opportunity to give, I wanted to re-post her list here.  As with my other post, if you want to help, you have a few options:

1. Donate money for me to buy some of these items.

2. Purchase these items and get them to me by January 25th (give or take a few days; I just want to be sure I have everything together in plenty of time before I leave February 1st).  However, if you do plan to purchase anything, please let me know what you're getting so that I don't go out and buy the same thing :)  Thanks!

Here's Beth's list:

1. Pregnancy tests
2. Prenatal vitamins
3. Urine (UA) test strips (in bottles of 100 test strips)
4. New women's underwear: sizes 5, 6, 7, and 8
5. Extra large maxi pads (we especially need the extra-large size Depends-type pads that are approximately 6x10 inches)
6. Large maxi pads
7. New cloth diapers and new plastic diaper covers
8. Newborn size disposable diapers
9. New, basic (rubber/plastic) flip-flops (women's size 7-10), any colors
10. New toiletry supplies: small bottles of baby powder, large women's deodorant, large combs, medium size bottles of hand/bottle lotion
11. New washcloths and hand towels
12. Individual Gatorade packets and large canisters of Gatorade or Power-Ade powder
13. IV catheters: 18, 20, 22, and 24 gauge
14. 3M Durapore brand tape
15. New, durable metal or plastic water bottles (such as Nalgene)
16. New baby socks (size 0-6 months)



Note: A fellow Haiti-lover has let me know that she has already purchased new women's underwear, flipflops, large depends-type diapers, and nightgowns.  Since there's less of a need for these items, then, I'm going to try to focus more on some of the other things on the list.  But give as you feel led :)

And again, thank you so much for all of your generosity and support!

(For an important and thought-provoking post on donating to those in need, read this.)

No comments: