Tuesday, January 10, 2012

playing catch-up


Sooooo, three weeks have somehow gone by since I last posted a gratitude list.  Two Mondays ago, Paul and I were flying across the country to join the rest of our family for a week of vacation in the mountains of north Georgia; last Monday, I was busy catching up on things that had been put off due to my Christmas crafting frenzy (like, ahem, nursing school applications.  Oops.).  (And then yesterday, I was exhausted and headachy, which is why this is now being posted on Tuesday...)  Overall, these last three weeks have provided much laughter, lots of fun with family and friends, and many realizations of how very blessed I am, along with a few moments of disappointment and uncertainty mixed in (for good measure? or something).  At some point, maybe/hopefully I'll find time to be a little more specific about some of those things, but for now, here is a not-in-the-least comprehensive (due to my sketchy memory abilities) list of some of the gifts the Lord has given over the past several weeks:


me and Logan
731. "Festivus for the Rest of Us" -- the yummy and fun Christmas cookie exchange that Lindsay hosted for those of us who didn't qualify for the mother/daughter cookie swap.
732. Christmas cinnamon rolls, per family tradition.
733. This Christmas miracle.  Remember this story I posted a month or so ago about one of my former professors?  Her daughter's adoption finally became official on Christmas day after years of delays.  So exciting!
734. Spending nearly a week in the mountains.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love mountains?  :)
735. Vacation--spending time with family, sleeping in, lots of time to read, little to no agenda....soooo nice.
736. Family catch-phrase tournaments (in which the girls unquestionably dominated over the boys. every time.)  :)
737. Getting 180 hours of family home videos for Christmas and starting to watch some of them (and oh my goodness, did my siblings and I say/do funny things as children...)  :)
738. New Years Eve at Eyrie Park (my 4th NYE there!)
739. Fun flight attendants and quirky hotel shuttle drivers... ("Welcome to George Bush Intergalactic Airport!")
740. Realizing more and more how much I love living with this kid.  This brother o'mine is pretty darn fantastic.  And hilarious.
741. Getting to hang out with Faith and Logan again.  Definitely one of the highlights of my week!
742. Getting to see Donovan and Sabrina not just once but TWICE last week!
Lina and Paul in Georgia
743. Trying out this pinterest-found recipe; it was a hit!  Easy and delicious!
744. Playing Clue with Paul, Donovan, and Sabrina.
745. Bananas foster, courtesy of Donovan.  So amazingly yummy.
746.. A closed door, of sorts (figuratively speaking, of course).  Not what I was hoping for, but still, thankful for clarity on that point.
747. Spending Sunday afternoon watching the first part of this with Everly, Birdie, Bunny, and Jubilee.
748. Getting to rearrange/organize the back room at work.  It's amazing how much better I feel when things are orderly and efficient!
749. Going to the eye doctor for the first time in 6 years...getting new contacts...and a new pair of glasses to replace the ones I've had for 10 years!  (Plus my eyesight has gotten better; who knew that could happen!)
750. Seeing one of my customers (who is a college pastor at one of the local churches) turn beet red anytime we're brewing Italian Roast...because then he has to order a "Tall Italian".  Makes my day every time; so funny :)  Guess what we were brewing this morning...  :)

No comments: