Wednesday, November 2, 2011

mekredi

First things first: click here and vote for Heartline.

Did you do it?  Please note that you can vote multiple times by registering your email address and facebook/twitter accounts.  You won't get spam mail.  I promise.  Never yet have I gotten any messages from Giving of Life, and I've been registered for several months now.  So vote, vote, vote!  And tell your friends, relatives, and people you only send Christmas cards to!  :)  Just a few days left!

Fantastic.  Moving on...  There are a couple of other ladies staying at Notre Maison right now, and they arranged to take a group of the kids up to Fort Jaques today.  It's always really special and exciting for the kids to be able to get out for a little bit, and today was no exception.  They had a great time riding through Port au Prince (if you've been here, you know there's no shortage of things to see!), seeing the fort, having a picnic lunch, and running around and playing in the cool mountain air.

walking up to the fort

A group of UN soldiers from Guatemala was there, too.
They kept taking pictures with/of us, sometimes
without us entirely realizing it.  So strange.

me and Christina
Some things I saw that amused me while driving through PAP:
- a kid wearing a camouflage tshirt that said "Attack the FCAT!"  (Florida's standardized test)
- Shiny School
- Les Jolies Papillons school (Pretty Butterflies school...bet the boys love that!)
Of course, now I'm blanking on the other things I was so determined to remember and laugh about later.  I know one had to do with a strange barber shop name...but I forget now.  Oh well.   

The tentative plan for tomorrow is to go with Gertrude to take several of the kids to therapy in the morning, and then go to Heartline for their prenatal day.  I'm also hoping to spend the night at Heartline's guesthouse so that I'll still be on that side of town for family planning day on Friday.  We'll see :)

* Technologically dumb: it's taken me a week of waiting foreeeeeeeever for photos to upload to realize that if I just compress them, they'll post in seconds.  Good grief.  At least now I know...

No comments: