Monday, November 28, 2011

always something to be thankful for

(thank you, Pinterest)

O Lord that lends me life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!
- William Shakespeare




Honestly, last week ranks up in the "least favorite weeks of 2011" (or it would, if I were so silly as to keep such a list).  Between being crazy-busy + short-staffed at work, our hot water heater breaking (right before the holiday, of course...AND right when Texas decided to get with the season and get cold), my contacts going berserk and refusing to cooperate with my eyes, and working Thanksgiving, it wasn't exactly the most festive and fun Thanksgiving week ever.  Still, I can hardly complain when I think about so many around the world who are unemployed or under-compensated for the work that they do...those to whom hot water (or even running water at all) is an unheard of luxury...those who don't have access to eyecare/contacts/glasses...  So I worked extra-long days...caffeinated excessive crowds of people...took freezing cold showers...wore my 10-year-old glasses all week...  Not the end of the world, in the grand scheme of things.  Despite the less-than-ideal week, I still have so much to be thankful for:

666. Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas :)
667. Decorating for Christmas
668. The hot water heater getting fixed today!
669. Spending Thanksgiving evening at Eyrie Park
670. Watching the A&M/UT game (and thus succeeding in watching one football game/year, a trend I started last year)  :)
saying goodbye to Bobby
671. A quick visit with Sabrina
672. Time-and-a-half (the consolation prize for working Thanksgiving)
673. A rainy Saturday
674. Coming across this news piece (via a tweet from a missionary friend in Haiti), and discovering that the woman sharing her story in this video/article is one of my former (and favorite) professors.  Please pray for Professor McDonald and the many other adoptive families and children around the world who are waiting for their adoptions to be complete.
675. Slowly making progress with nursing school applications
676. Tis the season for candles and hot tea!
677. My job that allows me to meet so many wonderful people.  Sadly, my coworkers and I said goodbye to one of our favorites this weekend; he's moving on to Oklahoma.
678. My sweet friend Meg and her encouragement.
679. Having most of Black Friday off, due to working extra-long hours earlier in the week.
680. Spending time with the brother, watching a movie and playing a game.

No comments: